On September 5th, Mattea turned 9 months old! Wow, how the time has flown by. I can't believe that it was 9 months ago that she was born. We've had such a wonderful time these last few months (and years with the boys). Mattea is 15lbs, 12 oz (which is a good 2-3 pounds lighter than the boys) and I think she is about 27 inches long (I'll wait for the official measurement next week at the pediatricians). Mattea is not super keen on solids and we'll be seeing the allergist on september 19 since her reaction to rice and barley. I'm guessing she'll not be eating baby cereals at all, with the way she has reacted. We suspect FPIES (food protein induced enterocolitis syndrome) based on her reaction - which was very scary. Hopefully we'll know more after our allergist appointment. Yep, one more food related issue (allergy) to contend with!! Ah, what's one more!
Mattea is such a sweet girl. She is happy and squeals with delight when her brothers play with her...they are still in love with her. She sits, rolls and squirms her way across a room. She is starting to say "mamamamamama" - which either means mama or milk (kind of the same thing!). She likes to also say "dadadadada". Her smile can light up a room, and her eyes twinkle like the night starts. She is our precious daughter and we thank God for the gift He has given to our family.





No comments:
Post a Comment