Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Days of school

Today is a big day...it is the first day of school. I've always loved the first day of school. I remember getting my pictures taken with Devon & Tara out on the front steps...it was so embarrassing. Now I do the same thing with my kids. I love the excitement as they pack their bags, the chatter as we walk to school, the waiting for the bell to ring, the rings of laughter as they chat with friends about the summer...I love it all! Here they are, all shined up for school...

Our 2 school agers...Caleb - grade 2, Owen - grade 1.

Caleb giving his goofy grin (at least this year he has teeth!).

Owen smiling for the camera.

No, Benjamin's not in school, but he's still pretty cute!


I'm somewhat (Ok, a lot) nervous about Owen at school with his EpiPen and all. I was able to meet with the principal and the lunch supervisors to talk about anaphylaxis and teach how to use the Epi. I think I'll feel much better once the division nurse has done the training for all the staff. I must say, though, that our principal is awesome and I certainly get the impression that this is being taken very seriously. I appreciate that alot. Hopefully my "first day of school" butterflies will go away soon!

Enjoy the day!







3 comments:

Ramona said...

Oh Kim, you've been on my thoughts a lot since I read your post about the egg allergy! I can only imagine your fears as you let him go to school knowing that everyone must watch out for your boy, and knowing you can't be the one to do it there... We've officially embarked on the asthma road now with Tristo and are trying to get his under control while we are in the high allergy season as well. These health concerns make such an imp[act on our kids day to day and I so hope you are getting to place of managing your kids allergies and able to live in ways that don't feel hindered by them.

I don't think I've ever seen Caleb with hair that long before! Hard to believe our kids are grade 2 already! Well hard to believe until I see the length of my girl's legs...

Ramona

Ramona said...

I just checked my inbox after sending this and saw your post on my blog- we must have posted at the same time about the same subjects! Thanks for your encouragement!
Ramona

Sandie said...

Hi Kim,
Your boys look soooo grown up!!!
Missing seeing you and the kiddos at church...
Sandie