Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Drip, drip...wipe. Drip, drip...wipe. Repeat!

Oh yes, those first few weeks of school have brought the germies into our house. However, it is not the school-agers that are producing buckets of snot, rather it is the little ones. Benjamin is huffing and puffing because these types of cold viruses really affect his asthma. He is out of breath just climbing the stairs. I called our allergist today and spoke to the nurse and we are going to whallop him with Flovent and Ventolin over the next few days to try and control his asthma. He hates using his puffer and now needs to use it 4 times per day (4 puffs each time) so it is a bit of a struggle. On a good note, he is doing really well with potty training! He wears underwear all day and keeps it dry and goes potty on his own. I'm trying to convince him to wear underwear during his nap, but he still wants his diapers for that. And he is still sometimes wet overnight.

Mattea has the sniffles as well, my little baby's first cold. Boohoo on germs. Her eyes are all teary and her nose is a goobery mess! And, she has not slept very well today - she sleeps in 1/2 hour segments which is totally unlike her - she usually naps for 2 hours straight - 2 times per day with a catnap at dinner time. And no, I don't think she is teething. I checked her little gums and they look just like they always do, and since Benjamin has a cold, I'll chalk it up to that.

Owen and Caleb are slowly adjusting to school. The teachers and principal have been great with regards to Owen's allergies - what a blessing.

No pictures today.. but enjoy the sunshine while it is here.

No comments: