Sunday, April 27, 2008

And the list goes on...

We had Owen at the allergist this last week, and he tested positive to dogs, cats and mold. That means - no opening windows on cool summer nights (or in spring just as the weather warms and you want to let the fresh spring air in), no sleeping in the basement (we've since moved him upstairs into the room with Benjamin), and no furry pets for us (oh, that is reeeaaallly too bad. I'm not a pet lover, so that is fine with me). Peak mold season is spring, witha bit of reprieve in June/July and peaks in August-winter!! We got some new medication for him to try and curb his reactions as well as ventolin for some mild wheezing. The doc said he was a "prime candidate" for asthma due to his severe eczema and allergies. Great.

On a totally cute note, we've been trying to teach Benjamin about his allergies and what he can/can't have by saying "that's not safe, it has egg/peanut in it". SO the other day, I was making something and he said "no egg?" and I said "right, no egg". He said "no nuts?", and I said "right, no nuts". Then he said "no dog?" and I laughed and said "right - there's no dog in the muffins". I guess he's been hearing us say that he is also allergic to dogs - good thing we don't eat dog!!!

Hoping the weather warms up - this last week was too "fresh" for me!

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Allergies are so NOT fun or fair! I am so thankful that we are healed from the peanut allergies here at house- I'll be praying for healing in your home- God can heal these things too! We still have piles of other allergies and digestive issues, but at least none here are life threatening (well, I guess it is helpful for T to be able to breath...but we can also control avoid his fairly well). As good as it is to know about these things, what a life changing way to look at food and going places etc! Rather crappy I'd say.
Ramona