Good morning. Today is one of those cold (again) days where I find myself longing for the sunshine (ok the sun is shining but I would like it to be warm outside as well). We have passed the days by baking (see pictures below) and playing. I'm sure my kids have watched too much TV and played too many video games, but they have also spent lots of time reading (this morning Caleb was reading to both Owen and Benjamin before school - I love that!).
Last night was rough - we were up often. At 2:30am Benjamin woke up crying "Bu-uh fall down, mama". He repeated this over and over and as I listened I could not for the life of me figure out what had fallen down. When I went into his room, he was holding the top of his jammies and wouldn't you know it, the BUTTONS were undone (or in his words had "fallen down"). I love how kids come up with words and phrases when they don't know what else to say.
Here are a few pictures from the week - baking, Mattea's view of her flower (which she "talks" to) when on the change table, the boys playing and me being a sling momma.
A quick little note on Noah - he is still in PICU and quite sick. Nichole has not left his side, except to sleep so she must be so exhausted. Please continue to pray for Noah and his family. Pray for the loving arms of Jesus to surround them during this time. Pray for Kailyn and Joshua as they miss their brother and mom. Pray for Brad as he runs his business and looks after the kids and misses Noah & Nichole. Pray for rest for Nichole. Pray for no pain for Noah. Pray too for Nichole's mom who is helping with the kids. Thanks.




1 comment:
I never thought it would be a blessing to have so many kids, so close together, but as Brett and Justin did not have school on Friday, I have begun to think otherwise! How do you find a mutual activity for a 2 month old, a 3 year old, a 10 year old and a 16 year old? Never mind trying to keep the younger three quiet while the oldest sleeps; the older two from wrestling, the middle two from wrestling (once you've told the older two to stop), the older three quiet while the youngest sleeps, and trying to get the 3 year old down while everyone else seems to be having so much fun!! I took away a lot of toys and privileges on Friday! The worst part...they have next Friday off too!! I need to do come up with something before then!
Post a Comment