Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First days of school...

Last week brought with it the first day of school for Caleb & Owen. Both were excited to return to school and see their friends. Caleb was moved into a grade 3 & 4 split class and is very happy there. His class has many new students, but since Caleb is such a social butterfly, I think he will be fine. Owen is in a grade 2 class with his best buddies and comes home each day excited about learning. And, he has also been talking about other students with whom he is playing. Of course, I had to take the first day of school pictures in front of the tree (I swore as a kid I would never do this, but, ah what the heck!).








Today, Benjamin started nursery school. He walked in, gave me a kiss and went to play. Two and a half hours later I picked up a happy boy who wanted to stay longer. He had so much fun. He is going to the same Nursery that Caleb & Owen went to. Mattea missed Ben during the morning, asking for "Ba?" over and over. Fortunately, she was happy to sort through her clothes with me so we can share them with our new little friend, Abby. This afternoon it was off to Speech Therapy for Benjamin...he is doing SO well and is working very hard. The SLP is quite impressed with his progress over the last 3 weeks. He will be going weekly for 12 weeks, then take a few weeks of break and continue. Hopefully by the time he starts Kindergarten next year, he will be well understood by those around him.




I love the first days of school...I love meeting all the moms on the playground once again...some old faces (not in age of course but in that I've known them for a few years now) and some new faces. I love the busyness of getting to school and picking up the boys...plus the walk to school is so nice right now (except for the constant dodging of goose poop).

Enjoy the day,

2 comments:

Ramona said...

It appears on the one pictures that Mattea is quite excited to get some time with mommy to herself! Hope your first full week has gone as great as ours has.
Ramona
PS You mentioned sorting clothes- are C&H&A home already? I'd heard they left :-)

Kim said...

Ramona - they are home tonight. We're off to the airport in a few minutes to welcome them home...very exciting!