Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Nope, not Christmas. Nope, not my birthday. Nope, I didn't win the lottery (although that would probably make it a wonderful day).

Tomorrow is the first day of SEPTEMBER...and school starts soon. You're probably thinking that I's so excited because, in only a matter of days, the kids will be off to school. Well, that is kind of exciting...although the house will certainly be much quieter with Caleb & Owen in school and Benjamin starting nursery school. However, I love September because I get to start a NEW calendar. Most people do this in January...but my year starts in September. I am giddy with excitement!

Years ago I found the BEST calendar EVER! I found the More Time Moms Family Organizer. I'm able to track my work days, school days, days off, days for appointments, meal plans, birthdays, anniversaries, phone numbers, holidays, activities ...you name it, it gets on the calendar. If it is not on the calendar...it does NOT exist. Yes, I am an organizing geek, but that is what keeps the chaos somewhat under control.
I love the fresh cartoons on the calendar and the large blocks so that I can track everything. Plus it comes with LOTS of stickers (which I start of using diligently and then end up not using!). It is a 16 month calendar that starts September 2009 and ends in December 2010. I love that I can start the school year with a fresh calendar (oh, and it only costs $9.99 at Costco).

So, tomorrow I will put up the new calendar. I got a jump start and transferred all the remaining appointments and all the birthdays and anniversaries from the current calendar....so exciting!

Happy September!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, you are soo organized:)
Erica

nicole said...

LOL!!! Kim...I was going to do a post about this SAME THING!!! Now I'll look like a copy cat...but oh well, I'll probably do it anyway :)
Want to know a secret? In addition to the more time mom's calendar, I just bought a teacher's calendar at Office Depot. It has reusable everything and I think it'll be good for the younger ones to visually see what we're doing...well..you'll see it in my post sometime today. :)
Happy September to you too...

Tammi @ My Organized Chaos said...

I use the very same calendar!!!!!
I love it as well, it's a must have in my opinion.
I'm glad it's so big, and I like the fresh and clean look to it on the 1t of every month...but by the 2nd, it's full of notes, stickers, appts etc...
It's an everyday reminder of your chaotic life!!!
LOL
;)

sam said...

I buy one similar to that one at superstore I love it. and I was just thinking that same song this morning! It truly is the most wonderful time of the year! See you soon! 8 more days!

Anonymous said...

I love starting new calendars too. It looks like you have a good one. Have fun with it!!

Jane

Rose said...

I also use that calendar and love it!

Ramona said...

I must say I have a different opinion on this calender... Don't get me wrong- I love the calender, but the 16 month thing throws me... I usually buy mine when they are on clearance in the beg. of Jan, and use it until Dec and then buy it again. At $1.49 I am quite happy... But this year my friend bought me one and since I had just started my last one in Dec, it feels much too soon to be transferring everything over! Plus I am still in denial as to holidays coming to an end!
Ramona