So, Benjamin was supposed to have his CT scan for his ear cyst on May 29. The Dr. had said that they would sedate him due to his young age. When I got the letter with the date for the scan I called to get more info about the sedation. They told me not to worry, that they first try it without (have they ever seen my 3 year old...he does not sit still). So, I take him and of course, once they have him all bundled up (literally like we bundle our babies), and try to secure his head he freaks out. After 20 minutes of trying to get him to stay still, they give up. I'm so frustrated by this point, cause now they have wasted their time and mine and not gotten the scan...had they just followed what the doctor suggested (or what I suggested, but what do I know I'm just a mom, right?) it may have been able to be done. So, it was re-scheduled for June 29th (they only do sedation days 1 day/week). Today I get a call from the nurse (I think she was a nurse) so she could tell me how to prep Benjamin for the sedation (fasting, etc). Turns out that the sedation med they use is EGG based. So now, he can't just go for sedation...there needs to be an anesthetist there in order to maintain his airway. They may use other meds, but she told me they would deal with it on their end. So, our date may be changed unless they can get an anesthetist for the 29th. This is so frustrating.
I'm going to take a minute and talk about ME...imagine that! I've been having some bad foot pain for a long time (it all started back in '04 when I started running and training for the 1/2 marathon). I have a Morton's neuroma and have tried all the conservative recommendations. I finally went back to the doctor yesterday and have decided to proceed with and MRI in order to explore the option of surgery (that would suck, but if it took away the constant burning/shooting pain and I could walk more than a few minutes and sleep through the night without pain, it might just be worth it). I was told it will take about 3 months to get the MRi (not a big deal), so I will wait and hope that something can be done eventually.
Take care and enjoy the great weather (hopefully the warm is here to stay).
2 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about the CT scan Kim! I know how frustrating it is not to be listened to! I hope that they will be able to find an anesthetist for the 29th. Praying for you and Ben.
Hope your appointment for your foot comes through soon as well!!
What a frustrating day! Waiting is overrated. And dealing with doctors and their schedules gets so frustrating!! I hope that the scan can be done on the 29th and that nothing affects his breathing etc. Let us know how things go with your foot too!
Ramona
Post a Comment