Bet that got your attention. Well, we were talking at work today about cake and I raved about this simple little chocolate cake that you make in a mug...in the microwave...in FIVE minutes!! It is so easy, and SO delicious. Perhaps it is too easy, I'd like to eat one every night...with a scoop of soy ice "cream" or drizzled with a bit of vanilla pudding...yum! So without further ado...here is the recipe...tried and true!
5 Minute Chocolate Cake for One or Two (if you want to share)
4 tbsp flour
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 egg (I use a replacer and it is still yummy)
3 tbsp milk or soy
3 tbsp oil
3 tbsp chocolate chips (optional....yeah, right!)
splash of vanilla
1 large microwave safe coffee mug
Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips and vanilla extract and mix again.
Put your mug into the microwave and cook for 3 minutes (in a 1000 watt microwave).
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a bit, and tip onto a plate, if desired.
EAT & ENJOY! **This can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous.
And WHY is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake...anytime of day or night!


5 Minute Chocolate Cake for One or Two (if you want to share)
4 tbsp flour
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 egg (I use a replacer and it is still yummy)
3 tbsp milk or soy
3 tbsp oil
3 tbsp chocolate chips (optional....yeah, right!)
splash of vanilla
1 large microwave safe coffee mug
Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips and vanilla extract and mix again.
Put your mug into the microwave and cook for 3 minutes (in a 1000 watt microwave).
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a bit, and tip onto a plate, if desired.
EAT & ENJOY! **This can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous.
And WHY is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake...anytime of day or night!
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing this recipe Kim........I am out of cocoa powder guess i will have to try it another day :(
looks yummy, I'll have to try it
Erica
We did this around Christmas time and none of us were impressed... It definitely had microwaved texture... I will have to see if Jayd is up to trying it again (lots of disappointment) to see if this recipe is any different then the one others raved about that we tried (I'm not a chocolate cake person anyways). Glad you liked this one!
Ramona
Post a Comment