Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Allergy Testing...

Today, I took Mattea for her allergy testing. It was painless…no pokes! Mattea kept trying to turn around to see our doctor as he put on the patches – she was a bit of a squirmy wormie, so hopefully the patches will stay on. She was tested for dairy, rice, barley and oats as well as 2 control patches. She has reacted to dairy, rice and barley so we “hope” those are positive so that we have something to compare to in order to determine if/when she outgrows it. We go back on Thursday to have the patches “read” and then will have a plan of food introduction/avoidance. If she tests positive to dairy, then we will likely also test for soy as those two are the biggest triggers for FPIES. Today, there was just not anymore room on her back to test for soy. She kept trying to look at me as I took pictures of her back…silly girl.

I’ll update on Thursday after the “results are in”.

No comments: