Saturday, November 8, 2008

Marshmallows, Mittens & Miscellaneous Musings

So I figured out the "theme" I will have for Mattea's birthday party...snowflakes! In looking for ideas I came across these Snowflake Marshmallows from none other than...Martha Stewart. I thought I'd give them a try before her party and they turned out wonderfully. They were so cute and very delicious...and sticky! They are perfect for hot chocolate after playing in the first snowfall....
Our boys were SO excited to see the snow on the ground on Friday morning. And, to top it off, we had no school due to tri-conferences! The kids and I spent lots of time outside...me shovelling the driveway (that was heavy snow) and the boys playing in the "fort" they built out of the neighbor's driveway snow!
On the food front, Mattea is doing well. I hesitate to list our successes, but she is now eating corn (which will open up lots of options - corn pasta, corn tortillas etc), and has taken a few ounces of the Nutramigen formula. The dietician suggested mixing it with banana puree and sugar (I can't bring myself to put sugar in it). If I add a bit of banana puree and give her the formula when she is quite hungry, she will take a few ounces. The goal is 3 ounces at one sitting every other day! We're close.


Tomorrow - November 9th - my parents will celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM & DAD! I'm so proud of you for being a wonderful example of marriage to me. I know not every day is easy, but you have weathered storms and sunshine...I pray for many more years of happiness for both of you. I love you both! And for nostalgia sake, here is your wedding picture (which I love)...

I'd also like to ask that anyone reading this, please remember my buddy Noah in your prayers. He's been in the hospital now for 2 weeks and they have removed his central line due to recurring infections. They have started his tube feeds again and are having some issues with introducing fats. I'm praying for wisdom for the doctors, and peace for the Loewen family. Their family is never far from my thoughts, but always in my prayers. Please join me in praying for them.

Whew...I think that's it for today...enjoy.

No comments: