Monday, November 24, 2008

Firsts...

So, Mattea had her very first pancake on the weekend. They were made with TEFF flour. She seemed to enjoy them. I made a bunch and put them in the freezer to pull out for meals. My hope is to now find a basic muffin recipe using teff, cornflour and tapioca. I'm too chicken to try and figure it out all on my own. The she can have teff pancakes and muffins until she is 3 and hopefully grown out of this allergy.

The other first, and kind of silly, is that I put a clip into Mattea's hair (she doesn't have much). It stayed in for all of about 30 seconds but I thought it was cute!

3 comments:

Lavonne said...

Hi Kim! Thanks for stopping by:) Glad to hear you saw a dietitian, hope she has been helpful. REALLY hoping she grows out of this one, both for her and your sakes!!

Ramona said...

Hey Kim- where are you buying your teff? If you're in need of other ideas with Teff, and there could be some ideas in Ethiopian recipes (Injera would be a good start) since that's their staple grain (well, more like was since most can't afford it anymore since it's price rose a few months ago- a 100kg bag of teff used to be $80 Birr ($8USD) and not it's $800 Birr and rising!!!)
I hope to get downtown to buy some teff and Injera (it's so much work that I want to cheat) and a few spices on one of my next Wpg trips. Would love to see you guys too...
Ramona

Jolene said...

Hi Kim. I do remember you from Mom's group, I keep wishing to get back there. It was a treat to see your comment on my blog, and great to have a peak at yours. Your children are beautiful.