Thursday, July 1, 2010

The end of school...



It is hard to believe that the school year is over and summer is here!  Time sure has flown.  We celebrated the end of school with a party - with good friends, good food and a homework burning (thanks Kailyn & Josh for that idea).  We ended off the party with a party cake.  

Not often I get pictures of the adults!

Yummy!

Two Peas in a Pod


Hard at work



Homework burning time!
The kids loved doing this!

As per Benjamin "burn baby, burn"

Goodbye to the 2009/2010 School Agenda

Thanks to my friend Lavonne for giving up her evening to help me make this awesome cake.  The kids LOVED it.  They thought the apple and pencils were the greatest. I loved the little worm....(of course I forgot a close up photo with the toothpick removed! - but you get the idea)

This worm is just so darn cute.








Thanks Lavonne.  You are amazing!

8 comments:

sam said...

Awesome cake Kim! the worm was very cute!

Kenzie said...

LOVE the cake!!!! And the burning of the homework...priceless :)

Anonymous said...

The cake looks great Kim, You and Lavonne did an amazing job!! And had lots of fun doing it!!

Anonymous said...

The above was me

Jane

Ramona said...

Way to go on the cake Kim and Lavonne!

I'm pretty sure Nichole and I had several homework burning parties back in our school years... I used to do that with my older bro and hi friends too. So far we save far too much from year to year but with the portfolio system, we can get rid of all the stuff not in their portfolios so maybe we'll do this yet. Jaydi would say the only thing missing is silly string- her end of school parties that she goes to always have silly string.

Ramona

Kim said...

We may have to add some silly string for next year! And yes, anything not in the portfolio is up for burning!

Anonymous said...

hi Kim
The cake looks awesome, great job!
I have a bag of girls clothes from Jodine here that I can drop off at your house sometime. I'm sure Jordan would love to play with Caleb too. This week Jordan & Adam are at camp, maybe we can stop in next week some time? Let me know what you think, or if you are busy. Have a good week!
Erica

Pete and Brenda said...

Awesome cake - looks like you had a great party!