Sunday, March 21, 2010

This & That

This has been a crazy weekend...
Our van was misbehaving and had to be parked at the mechanics for the weekend. Something about a timing belt, 3 non-firing cylinders, a tooth and pulleys. If you're a mechanic reading this, well I'm sure you can figure it out! All I know is that when I drove to work, things were fine and when I left work the van shimmied and shook everytime I accelerated or decelerated. Called the mechanics on the way home and brought it straight to the emergency room (I almost didn't make it there - or so it felt). Long story short...out a van for a busy weekend. Thankfully, some very caring friends had an extra vehicle and lent us their van...thanks Wayne & Erica - your generosity is appreciated.

The conversation as we drove home from my sister-in-law's birthday party...
Ben: who's home with me tomorrow?
Kim: Me!
Ben" Hooray! I meant not hooray!
Kim - just smiles! Ernie reaches over and pats my knee and giggles!!

Ernie always gets a hooray when he is home. I'm okay with that! Just a funny little conversation!

Owen's skin is once again OUT OF CONTROL. Today, we convinced him (actually he did this more willingly than usual) to wear a wet long-sleeved shirt (his stomach and back are terrible with eczema..well his arms and legs are bad too) to bed. Hopefully, if we can do this for a few nights, we can get things under control. Otherwise, I'll be calling the allergist to get him seen. Poor guy. I feel SO bad for him...he is literally not comfortable in his own skin. Please pray for healing of his skin.

Tuesday, I go for my foot surgery. I'm happy that this will happen as the pain is just getting unbearable. Not sure how things will go with being non-weight bearing with small children, but I think I have most of my help lined up!

I think that is it for now...just an update on us all. Enjoy the week, my friends.

5 comments:

nicole said...

Praying for your surgery tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
About the eczema and wearing a damp shirt on it... I can't recall if you looked at humidity in Owen's room? Don't know if that would help. Would think you'd probably need a lot to help so it wouldn't be good for the walls, but maybe when it's not so bad, if you keep a humidifier on so his skin won't dry out? Just a thought.
Hope your surgery goes well.
Erin

sam said...

Please let me know if you need anything praying for both you and Ben!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim. Hope your foot is feeling better by now.... We were glad to help with the van, and glad we could fit into a car (it works, now that we only have one booster seat:)
Erica

Ramona said...

How's the surgery go? Is it something that will heal fairly quickly or takes lots for recovery? I wish I could help you... but the miles and the lack of energy or ability to think very much over here prevent that one.
Oh the joys of skin stuff... we're thick into that right now... but our issues are a bit different as we deal with stuff from life in Ethiopia... and so hope the next Dr will get some of the oral meds going (and liver function tests first) to help on the way to getting rid of some stuff. But we are all home... what a miracle!

One day all 8 of our kids can play together!

Ramona