Friday, January 29, 2010

Noah & Jacob

It is hard to believe that it was 6 months ago today that our little friend, Noah, took his last breath on this earth. Somedays, that feels like such a long time ago...almost like another lifetime...and other days the memory of that day is so very, very clear. I will always remember the phone message from Doris on my cell phone asking me to come to PICU ASAP, ditching the client I was seeing and leaving the next one sitting in the waiting room, and literally running through the halls of Children's Hospital to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. In my heart, I knew. In my head, I hoped not. I will remember many things from that day, memories that I will cherish and that I thank Brad & Nichole for. I will leave them unsaid today, but they are certainly not forgotten.

I miss Noah...so very much. So much, that I don't know how Brad & Nichole can keep breathing themselves...for their love and missing him is so much more than mine. I miss how his eyes would get all squinty when he smiled (I always said that you could always tell when Noah was smiling by looking at his eyes), I will miss his laugh...that full belly laugh that he would have as Brad would nuzzle Noah against his body, or when Noah would drop toys out of the hospital crib and I would pick them up again, and again, and again! I miss watching Noah sleep as I would creep into his hospital room in the morning to bring food to Nichole. Somedays, Noah would greet me with an early smile, and others I was content to watch him sleep so peacefully. I miss watching Kailyn and Joshua with their little brother, and yet I am amazed daily by the strength of those 2 amazing kids! I miss watching Noah & Mattea play with the musical instruments and follow each other around the room. These are only a few things that I miss about Noah. His life was precious and I am so thankful for the priviledge of having him as part of my life.

I know that Noah is in Heaven...and that comforts me. Hugs to my bean...


Today, January 29, Ernie's extended family is mourning the loss of a very tiny baby...Baby Jacob (son of J & M - Ernie's cousins, and twin to baby Julia). Jacob & Julia were born prematurely, and sadly little Jacob's body was too tiny and sick. It is with much sadness that we grieve his passing. Our heartfelt prayers go out to his parents, sister (who is still in hospital at a tiny 2 pounds), grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and many others who care for this family.

So, despite the sadness of the day...there is Hope. Hope that the Father who cares for all His children is caring for these 2 little boys. Today, I picture both Noah and Jacob (fully restored in health) sitting on the lap of Jesus, with Jesus arms holding each of them close.


Mark 10:13-16
People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.

No comments: