Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sock Monkey

Not bad for my first try! It was fun! I found the instructions here.


5 comments:

nicole said...

oh. my. goodness. HOW ADORABLE IS THAT!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

nicole said...

how long did it take you...start to finish??

Kim said...

Nicole - it took me about 3 hours yesterday (the monkey itself was done) and today a few minutes to do the eyes and mouth! You, it would take about 10 minutes!! The hardest part was turning the arms our and stuffing everything took a bit of time too. The sewing part...pretty easy...even for me, so for you it should be no problem. My next one will be a stripey one and then I"m going to do a few with the traditional "wool" socks with the red stripe on them.

nicole said...

My only concern is that my socks will be too small (size 5.5 feet...not terribly condusive to sock monkeys :) )
I think I'll go buy a couple pairs today...see how it goes...could be a bonus summer craft!!!

Rose said...

It looks so cute! But, how in the world do you have time to do crafts? You are AMAZING!