So a few things have happened over the last few weeks. I'll start with things related to the title. I had Owen in to the allergist today and they tested him for fresh milk, cow milk, casein, soy, icing - red, white & blue, and the cheddar powder from the popcorn plus the controls Everything was positive except for the soy! The cheddar powder was huge...the nurse said usually the wheals are 15-20mm but the one for the cheddar was 50!! They actually gave Owen a dose of Reactine (antihistamine) before we left cause he was reacting so much...they have never done that before. So, we will continue to stay away from milk. Honestly, it is better to know (even though it sucks) than to not know what the next trigger might be. We didn't do the blood test today as our allergist is just going to treat conservatively and given his reaction today and previous reactions, he figures the numbers will be high. We'll likely do the RAST blood test in August, and then go on from there. Our allergist is really great and commended us on using the EPI earlier as well as being able to figure out what is going on. Overall, Owen's skin is SO much better since we stopped milk 3 weeks ago.
~Here is Owen's arm about 5 minutes after his pokes~
I think if you click on the picture you can see it larger.
On another note, I was offered a position at Children's Hospital. It is a .5 and not really a Children's Hospital position, but that is where I am housed. My title is Brief Intervention Therapist, and it is a very exciting position. I will have children come to me, but also have the flexibility to go to them at home, daycares etc. The position is until the end of December and then hopefully will be extended. I had my first day this last Wednesday, and once all the orientation stuff is done, I'm ready to hit the road running.
Other than that, we have all been sick - exept for Mattea (knock on wood). I think we are all on the mend. Here's hoping that the rest of February is uneventful!
Please remember to pray for my little buddy, Noah who is back in the hospital with pneumonia. They have their Wish Trip planned for Feb 24, so I'm praying for a short stay and that his central line stays infection free. Please join me in praying for Noah and his family.
Enjoy the day, friends.
On another note, I was offered a position at Children's Hospital. It is a .5 and not really a Children's Hospital position, but that is where I am housed. My title is Brief Intervention Therapist, and it is a very exciting position. I will have children come to me, but also have the flexibility to go to them at home, daycares etc. The position is until the end of December and then hopefully will be extended. I had my first day this last Wednesday, and once all the orientation stuff is done, I'm ready to hit the road running.
Other than that, we have all been sick - exept for Mattea (knock on wood). I think we are all on the mend. Here's hoping that the rest of February is uneventful!
Please remember to pray for my little buddy, Noah who is back in the hospital with pneumonia. They have their Wish Trip planned for Feb 24, so I'm praying for a short stay and that his central line stays infection free. Please join me in praying for Noah and his family.
Enjoy the day, friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment