Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Camping

This past weekend we ventured out to St. Malo with our small group. THis is our 8th year of camping together. Since that time we have grown, starting that first year with Kailyn being only a few months old, to this weekend where we had 10 kids with Mattea being almost 8 months old! We now have to include the kids in the "food" count. We do group meals, but each family only has to cook one - how wonderful is that! We ate, swam, ate, played, ate, chatted, ate, bike, ate and sat by the fire. Did I mention that we ate lots!! It was wonderful to see the kids playing together, and enjoying the great outdoors. We had awesome weather.
Here are the boys enjoying their new goggles and snorkels...they loved the water.



I think Benjamin appreciated the banana boats the most out of everyone - thanks Twylla, great idea!


Here is Mattea enjoying the beach. She was not too keen on the water, but really enjoyed practicing her rolling on the beach blanket.



Mattea & I hanging out in the water




The laundry from the weekend is done, and now I start preparing for our vacation.
We're off this Saturday to start our 2 week vacation. We are heading to Yellowstone National Park, Cranbrook BC to visit cousins, Banff (just cause we love it), Calgary to visit with friends and go to the zoo and then home. Whew...I'm starting to get tired already. Looking forward to lots of fun.

No comments: