So I've totally been lacking in the posting areana...no posts yet of our trip, no "first day" of school pictures or anything. All the pics are on the computer...I just have not had time to post.
But today, between Ernie & I we spend 6 hours at the PanAm clinic with Owen. On Sunday (yes, Sunday) he was SpiderMan crawling on the walls and he fell (of course we didn't see it) on his left (dominant) arm. He told Ernie, who poked and prodded it, and then was off to play with his buddy Joshua (who he was SO happy to see). He asked for some Tylenol that night and off to bed he went. Monday morning, he mentioned it a bit and had a hard time with the brake on his bike (going down our very steep driveway). Still a bit sore (4/10 on the pain scale). Today still says it hurts a bit, most when it is poked and prodded. So, we decide to take him to the PanAM Minor Injury Clinic...6 hours later, one doctor visit and one X-ray later...we find out he has a buckle fracture of his radius. Not once in all of this did he cry - not when it happened, not when he was being examined, not when he got his cast. He did favour it a bit at times, but at other times you would not know...at all...obviously. I feel kind of bad that we didn't bring him in sooner, but I honestly thought it was a sprain. He is such a trooper. He LOVES his camouflage cast (I opted for the waterproof liner so he can swim and shower). We'll see how much he loves it in a few days. Of course, I did not have a camera with me, and we did not take any pics yet...I'll take and post those eventually!
So this is our first cast experience...not bad for 3 boys who are ALWAYS wrestling, fighting etc...
Here are some pictures of our fabulous trip....not in any particular order...
1 comment:
Oh dear, that sucks about Owen poor guy. Chopsticks make good scratching poles if he gets itchy. I love all the photos of your trip nice to see a pic of you in there for a change :)
Post a Comment