Monday, May 24, 2010

Dauphin, Manitoba

This last weekend we took a trip to Dauphin to visit our good friends - Gerry & Kerri and their 4 children. You know the kind of friends that you see on a semi-regular basis, but when you get together, you just continue from where you left off (with no awkwardness about not seeing each other for a long time)? That's how I would describe our friendship with Gerrry & Kerri. We just pick up and have a great time...as do all 8 of the kids. The kids are very close in ages and so they all have a blast. The drive out to Dauphin was long-ish, but the company was great.

I love this picture of Ben & Mattea holding hands while we drive!







The Thiessen & Wieler Adventure!







Gerry & Ernie took 5 of the kids out fishing on Saturday afternoon. Despite the rain, they had fun. On Sunday we all went into Riding Mountain National Park to hike...our hike was cut short by the two bears we saw only a few hundred feel off the trail! That was an adventure!






1 comment:

Ramona said...

Looks fun- one day we'll all have to meet up there and let all 12 kids play together! I miss Clear Lake- and I'm glad it was bear and not the cougar that you met up with!
Ramona