.jpg)
Top left - wheat, top right - soy, bottom - control.
Mattea went back to allergist on Friday to have her patch tests "read". Well, they were both negative when he saw them. However, when she had her rice test, it turned positive after 72 hours, not 48. That said, the allergist said they are telling all parents to look at the results after 72 hours as some kids just have a more delayed reaction. So, we checked, and checked and sure enough, the soy one turned positive! Sigh. Both the allergist and I were hoping it would stay negative...but I don't think so. I'll call the allergist on Monday and email him the pictures and see where we go from here. We were hoping to get soy so she could have soy formula as she is reacting to the Nutramigen. Life is interesting here. The wheat appears negative, BUT since she has reacted to it (violent vomitting) he wants her to stay away from it...reactions trump test results.
We also talked about her flaming red cheeks. We suspect that she is reacting to dairy in MY diet. I had decided to stay away from eggs and now will add dairy to the list. I guess the benefit is that I will not be able to eat all the holiday treats that are everywhere, thus not gaining some holiday weight. Some consilation! Oh well, it really is best for her to still be breastfeeding at this point...and so I will do what I can to make that happen safely for her.
On a completely different note, our little friend NOAH is in intensive care. His status is very critical and it is very difficult with Christmas right around the corner. Would you please pray for Noah and his family?
Merry Christmas ...may the love, joy and hope of Christ be with you this season

1 comment:
Kim, thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. A few months ago I finished a breastfeeding no dairy, no soy diet- {hugs!}. I did a lot of cheese-less nachos and pizzas! I had no idea those things would still taste good with no cheese and sour cream.
Good luck with your little one's allergies (thank goodness it does get easier with time).
Thanks, Emily
Post a Comment